We invite you to make monetary or in-kind donations to support families who are at risk will be appreciated. Your generosity can go a long way.
Here are just a few ways you can make a difference:
- Donate gift certificates to a restaurant, movie theatre, retail store or amusement park.
- Donate time to assist and support Resource Families in need.
- Donate new or lightly used toys or athletic equipment, children’s furniture or clothing.
- Offer a safe, private meeting space for family meetings at your church or place of business.
- Supply refreshments for community meetings or meetings where family meetings are held. Monetary Donations, accepted through the Best Friends fund, can be designated for Family and Children’s Services.
Make a tax-deductible contribution through ACTION of Monterey County:
To donate by check:
Make checks payable to ACTION of Monterey County and mail check to:
The Best Friends Fund
c/o Monterey County DSES, Family and Children Services
1000 S. Main Street, Suite 111
Salinas, CA 93901
To donate with a Visa or Mastercard card by phone, please call ACTION at:
To donate with a Visa or Mastercard online, please visit:
https://actioncouncil.org/donate/ and select the “Best Friends Fund”
Support individuals and work as a volunteer. You can contact MCAFCC, our caregivers association, at 831-770-7039.
- Temporary, non-reoccurring child care, excluding overnights
- Activities such as attendance at sporting events; day trips; children’s clubs; dinner outings; general recreational activities; music lessons or other enrichment
- General resource family support
Become active in your community to support children and their families by contacting our Liaisons at 831-757-7915.
Here are some ways to get involved:
- Offer home maintenance skills to help ensure the safety of a Resource Family home
- Knit afghans or sew baby cloths
- Teach a child to play a musical instrument
- Tutor a child in math, writing, or reading
- Assist at an after-school program
- Organize your own neighborhood to support families who live there
- Or to apply to be a social worker, office assistant, or social service aide in Monterey County’s child welfare program, click on the following link: