COVID-19 Message Applicant Login


How I Can Help


We invite you to make monetary or in-kind donations to support families who are at risk will be appreciated. Your generosity can go a long way.

Here are just a few ways you can make a difference:

  • Donate gift certificates to a restaurant, movie theatre, retail store or amusement park.
  • Donate time to assist and support Resource Families in need.
  • Donate new or lightly used toys or athletic equipment, children’s furniture or clothing.
  • Offer a safe, private meeting space for family meetings at your church or place of business.
  • Supply refreshments for community meetings or meetings where family meetings are held. Monetary Donations, accepted through the Best Friends fund, can be designated for Family and Children’s Services.

Make a tax-deductible contribution through ACTION of Monterey County:

To donate by check:
Make checks payable to ACTION of Monterey County and mail check to:

The Best Friends Fund
c/o Monterey County DSES, Family and Children Services
1000 S. Main Street, Suite 111
Salinas, CA 93901

To donate with a Visa or Mastercard card by phone, please call ACTION at:
(831) 783-1244

To donate with a Visa or Mastercard online, please visit: and select the “Best Friends Fund”


Support individuals and work as a volunteer. You can contact MCAFCC, our caregivers association, at 831-770-7039.

Support constitutes:

  • Temporary, non-reoccurring child care, excluding overnights
  • Activities such as attendance at sporting events; day trips; children’s clubs; dinner outings; general recreational activities; music lessons or other enrichment
  • Tutoring
  • Transportation
  • General resource family support


Become active in your community to support children and their families by contacting our Liaisons at 831-757-7915.

Here are some ways to get involved:

  • Offer home maintenance skills to help ensure the safety of a Resource Family home
  • Knit afghans or sew baby cloths
  • Teach a child to play a musical instrument
  • Tutor a child in math, writing, or reading
  • Assist at an after-school program
  • Organize your own neighborhood to support families who live there
  • Or to apply to be a social worker, office assistant, or social service aide in Monterey County’s child welfare program, click on the following link: